- Rory Ridley-Duff from the English band Protos has released two new CDs on his own independant label. Check his site to listen to samples.
- Guys from Forgotten Suns have announced live schedule and said that they’re recording their 3rd studio album now.
- David Binney (New York altoist, a tremendous improviser, a prolific composer, a tireless bandleader and a reliable sideman) was interviewed at AAJ
- Net Dot Music, Inc. announces the simultaneous release of four new full-length CDs in the jazz/world fusion genres by bass guitar and keyboard player Gino Foti. Orbis Terrarum (14 tracks, 66:10) - Exploring the relationships between diverse musical traditions and the dichotomy of rhythm and melody of the bass guitar, this aural travelogue blends intricate ethnic rhythms, spacious melodies, and flowing solos with the passion, intensity, romanticism, and introspection usually associated with first-generation jazz-rock and world fusion artists.
- Pianist Uri Caine kicks off the new 'Philadelphia Series' at the Slought Foundation on October 12, 2006.
October 12, 8:00 pm
Tickets - $15 ($12 for students)
4017 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19104-3513
Ph: 215.222.9050 | Slought.org
All About Jazz
- Brotzmann / Mangelsdorff / Sommer - "Pica Pica"
- Gary Husband - "A Meeting of Spirits: Interpretations of the Music of John McLaughlin"
- Tomas Sauter / Daniel Schlaeppi - "Indian Summer"
- John Proulx - "Moon and Sand"
- The Flail - "Never Fear"
- Geoff Farina / Luther Gray / Nate McBride - "Out Trios, Volume 4: Almanac"